Everyone who's had a headache--which is to say, pretty much all of us--can attest to the fact that these little medical challenges are bad enough on their own. However, sometimes a headache isn't just a headache. After spinal procedures, unique and specifically severe headaches can occur, known as spinal headaches. If you're wondering how--and why--this happens, our urgent care experts have all the details.
The 2016-2017 flu season has officially started in South Dakota. It typically runs from October to March, peaking in February, so right now is the ideal time to get your flu shots. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the seasonal flu and the Influenza vaccine.
Everybody loves to play sports. Whether it's for fun, exercise, friendship, or competition, there is a sport out there for everyone--but the truth is that sports injuries are all too common without the right precautions. At our Urgent Care clinic, we see sports injuries often; actually, these injuries are often preventable.
Acid reflux is uncomfortable, inconvenient, and all too common. It can be difficult to know how to beat acid reflux, simply because the symptoms and reactions are a little different for everyone. Luckily, the experts at our Urgent Care clinic know a thing or two about overcoming acid reflux.
Hay fever is all too common throughout the world, and, unfortunately, so are the allergens that aggravate symptoms. Although there are multiple allergens, pollen is the biggest enemy of those suffering hay fever, and, depending on the season, it's just about everywhere. If you or your loved ones are familiar with the cold-like symptoms of hay fever, read on for some handy information from Urgent Care experts.
As human beings, we rely on each other for much of what we do. For example, you might be a good cook but terrible with numbers while your neighbor has the brain of a calculator but the incredible ability to burn anything. Working together, you could provide for each other's needs and work efficiently. Of course, the benefits are multiplied when the members of a whole community are relying upon one another--in fact, it's the very basis of our society and our world. The problem arises when more than one person offers the same service. Take Urgent Care, for example. How do you decide which Urgent Care center to go to? How do you know which "neighbor" is going to work most efficiently with you?
Urgent Care Woes
Before we get into the details, let's take a moment to reflect on the importance of choosing a reliable Urgent Care center--one that makes you feel comfortable, cared for, and safe. Urgent Care centers are a strong alternative to doctor's offices and emergency rooms, both because Urgent Care centers offer a wide range of services and because they often do it all at a much more reasonable price. That being said, many folks are still confused as to what exactly an Urgent Care center does. Can it be a primary care center as well as offering emergency services? Is it as efficient and well-equipped as an emergency room or hospital? Does insurance cover visits? The truth is that the answers to these questions vary depending on which center you choose--which is why making the right decision is so important.
How to Choose
So, how can you choose the right Urgent Care center? Let our Urgent Care experts explain!
- Location. Before you even start to consider which Urgent Care center is best, you have to be comfortable with the location. Remember that, in case of an emergency; you'll want a center that's close to home, easily accessible from other places in your hometown, and quick to get into. Don't forget that traffic can make a big difference, too, so pay attention to the major roads nearby.
- Services. The first thing to identify when choosing an Urgent Care center is the services provided. Can the center offer a wide variety of emergency care options? Are regular checkups and primary care physicians available? What about physical exams for school, work, or insurance? Consider what you want, what you need, and what each center offers.
- Insurance. Another important thing to remember is insurance. As of now, many Urgent Care centers work with only a few insurance agencies at a time, so checking to see if your insurance covers visits and emergencies is a crucial step in choosing the right Urgent Care center for you.
Looking for the right Urgent Care center? Contact us today!
We spend a lot of time making sure that we're getting the right vitamins--and for good reason. Vitamins are crucial for health, both in the body and in the mind, and prolonged deficiencies can cause big problems. So, we plot ways to get our vitamins. We plan our meals around which vitamins are present in which foods. We read nutrition labels like novels. We're willing to take supplements--even the ones that come in huge, unwieldy, uncomfortable pills that even the bravest of us have trouble swallowing. It's true: we do a fairly good job at getting the vitamins we need. However, one vitamin that's notoriously tricky to get and crucially important to have is Vitamin B12.
What do you need in order to be productive? An organized work-space, maybe? A playlist of your favorite songs? A comfortable chair? Productivity is unique to all of us, simply because all of us are productive in different ways. For example, we all know that one coworker whose work-space is an absolute mess, as if organization and order were diseases he'd cured, and yet he still somehow manages to be productive--as if he prospers in chaos. That's fine, of course, as long as we get the job done. However, because each of us is productive in a different way, it can be uniquely difficult to try increasing productivity. What one change can help everyone and hurt no one? Well, one big aspect of productivity that we all share is workplace health--and protecting it is crucial.
We've all heard the saying without your health you don't have anything, and this is especially true in the workplace. Healthy employees are productive employees. Promoting health and providing incentives for good lifestyle habits makes workers smarter, healthier, and more self-assured--but how can you put this into play in your company? There are many ways to encourage and protect workplace health; some companies go for wellness programs, others use incentives, and still others work with employees to determine the best programs and plans. The key is determining which aspects of a healthy workplace are most important, and promoting those aspects in ways that work for you and your employees.
Tips for a Healthier, Happier Workplace
So, how can you promote health within your company? How can you boost employee productivity just by keeping everyone healthy? Here's a quick look!
- Sitting. We all know that sitting has become somewhat of an epidemic in our modern society. Including standing cubicles in your workplace is a great way to keep workers healthier and happier, and the boost in productivity might just surprise you.
- Snacks. It's a general belief that snacks are basically monsters--calorie-ridden, diet-killing monsters. However, if you offer healthy alternatives and eliminate the ease of access that makes potato chips and candy bars desirable, snacks can both boost productivity and promote good health.
- Urgent Care. Health is crucial in the workplace. If anything serious should happen--injuries, allergies, odd symptoms, anything--it's important to know where to send your workers for Urgent Care. Our Urgent Care clinic is open seven days a week, ready to provide expert care and keep your employees on their feet.
Interested in more workplace health tips? Looking for an Urgent Care clinic? Contact us today!